One of the easiest ways to provide your body and skin with a dose of antioxidants is to incorporate antioxidant beverages into your diet. Usually featuring a water base fortified with fruit extracts and antioxidant vitamins, these drinks keep you hydrated while providing a daily dose of free radical protection.
Since the beginning of the antioxidant boom, hundreds of antioxidant drinks have sprung up in the aisles of our grocery stores and health food centers. While it’s wonderful to have so many options, the sheer number of choices leaves consumers wondering which brands to trust, and which are just cashing in on the current trends.
Many supposed health drinks contain potentially dangerous sweeteners, artificial dyes, and as little as one percent actual juice. That doesn’t sound too healthy to me! On the other hand, there are also many beverages containing truly beneficial ingredients, including acai, vitamin C, and green tea antioxidant. Wish someone would make your search simpler? That’s why I’m here today! So, without further ado, and in no particular order, here are five of the best-tasting and most nutritious antioxidant drinks on the market.
1) Naked Juice is a thick, smoothie-like concoction created with 100% natural juice. Featuring antioxidant favorites such as pomegranate and acai, Naked Juice delivers skin care antioxidant results with trusted ingredients. Plus, it’s naturally sweetened with grape juice instead of refined sugar, corn syrup, or sweetener.
2) Anti-Oxidant Water Booster by Dr. Brandt is a true antioxidant skin care product. Available in Blueberry, Pomegranate and Original Green Tea, Anti-Oxidant Water Booster harnesses the antioxidant powers of green tea, vitamins C and E, white tea, and grapeseed extract. Specially designed to boost the skin’s healing and protective abilities from the inside out, Anti-Oxidant Water Booster supplies the body with essential nutrients to help it function properly. Formulated without the use of caffeine, calories, or artificial sweeteners, and by far the most travel-friendly antioxidant food on this list!
3) VidaTea is a fizzy green tea beverage that’s naturally sweetened with pure agave nectar. Agave nectar is harvested from the agave plant and is similar to honey, though it boasts the unique ability to sweeten foods and drinks without spiking blood sugar levels. VidaTea advertises the ability to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels with its healthful green tea, vitamin C, and vitamin B formula.
4) Teas’ Tea by Ito En is an all-natural, genuinely brewed Japanese tea that supplies a high dose of the antioxidant superheros known as catechins. Catechins are said to improve circulation and lower cholesterol, and are also being studied for use against cancer, hair loss, and gum disease, to name only a few. Teas’ Tea is available in both unsweetened and lightly sweetened formulations, the latter being enhanced with a small amount of pure cane sugar, rather than artificial sweeteners.
5) POM Wonderful is a no-brainer when it comes to antioxidant beverages. Made with 100% pure pomegranate juice, POM is a natural way to supply your body with antioxidants to improve your immune system, aid in healthy function, and heal and protect your skin. POM also offers mixed tea beverages, which use natural juice and brewed tea to provide antioxidants while giving you new flavor choices.
Bonus: Coconut Water
Coconut water is derived from young green coconuts, and has been gaining popularity since the early 2000’s. Extremely high in potassium and antioxidants, and efficient when it comes to hydration, coconut water is a great choice for those with more active lifestyles. Coconut water flavor varies from brand to brand, with some manufacturers offering flavored coconut water beverages. Try a few different brands to find the coconut water that suits you, or you can always purchase a young green coconut from a health food store and tap into it yourself!